Rare Diseases Week: February 24-29, 2020
Author: Kris Admire
Highlighting our strong commitment to care for all patients, our teams celebrated National Rare Diseases Week on February 25th, 2020. Staff throughout the company, joined together in a creative celebration by painting individual hand prints on a company-wide poster to support National Rare Diseases Week.
Our dedicated team of employees are part of millions who offer care and support to Rare Disease patients and families throughout the United States. Together, we celebrate National Rare Disease Day, raising awareness and building support for 25-30 Million Americans impacted by a Rare Disease.
Did You Know…
- There are approximately 7,000 Rare Diseases
- A Rare Disease is considered any disease, disorder, illness or condition that affects fewer than 200,000 people in the United States.
- There are more than 500 types of rare cancers.
- For many rare diseases, signs may be observed at birth or during childhood.
- More than 90% of rare diseases are without an FDA-approved treatment.
- The Zebra is the official symbol of Rare Diseases throughout the United States. Recognized for its black and white stripes, every Zebra brings its own unique set of stripes just as every rare disease is special and unique.