- Independence & Transparency — Unlike large conglomerates, we are free to provide custom solutions for our payer partners. When someone trusts us with their member population, we reciprocate with transparency into our performance.
- Innovative — We use every tool available to increase adherence and keep costs low. For example, we use machine learning to read data to predict when patients will be at-risk for nonadherence. We also have advanced data capabilities.
- Superior Service — We want to earn your business through excellent service and integrity. This is why we invest in our people and processes to make sure the culture is in place to provide excellent care to patients and service to our partners.
How do you help patient members overcome financial barriers? What do you do to help financial affordability?
In 2019 alone, our teams saved patients over $42 million through grants and financial assistance. We also take the time to ensure that their billing is submitted properly.
Yes, there are multiple ways we increase adherence:
- Our staff takes the time to help patients understand their medication therapy. There is no substitute for genuine human interaction.
- We built an all-in-one patient portal for patients to discover resources, order refills and chat with Amber Specialty Pharmacy staff.
- Our IT team used a form of artificial intelligence (AI) called “machine learning” to pore-over the multiple data points to predict when patients will be nonadherent. We are able to conduct interventions on those patients who are flagged to be at-risk.
- Patients can opt in to our text refill reminders and shipping alerts.
- We frequently send out medication adherence reminders by mail.
- We partner with Adhere Tech, who provides Smart Pill Bottle that alerts us when a patient has not taken their medication.
We partner with a third-party group to conduct annual patient surveys. Through that survey, patients gave us a net promoter score of 80. Having a high net promoter score like ours means that patients are extremely likely to suggest us to their friends and family.
Our headquarters is in Omaha, Nebraska, with 18+ locations spread across the United States.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Rare Disease
- Infectious Diseases
We have developed strong and lasting partnerships with pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance providers and healthcare systems to provide seamless infusion therapy services. Based on our commitment to patient care, we transition our patients into home infusion services safely by offering customized care and a comprehensive educational support program.
Below are our infusion locations:
- Buffalo, New York
- Dallas, Texas
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Chicago, Illinois
- Des Moines, Iowa
Our Promises Programs® provide a whole-health approach that reinforces our commitment to quality care, offering patients and caregivers educational support material along with professional assistance and home instruction.
A home care nurse guides patients and caregivers step by step through the infusion process, addressing all aspects of proper technique and safety.
Promises Programs whole-health instructional materials are included as part of the patient's comprehensive infusion training program. These infusion guides address key instruction topics that are reviewed with patients during the home infusion training sessions. Handouts and online access to Promises Programs are available to patients and caregivers for ongoing use and reference throughout treatment.
Infusion therapy materials address pertinent infusion therapy care topics, including:
- Promises Whole Health Home Infusion Therapy Instruction & Safety
- Aseptic Technique for Infusion Therapy
- Infusion Equipment & Supplies Overview
- SASH Method — Patient Instruction & Safety
- Review Guides for Managing Lines, Ports and/or Catheters
- Traveling with Infusion Therapy
- Infusion Patient Education Resources
Hy-Vee , an employee-owned grocery retailer, owns Amber Specialty Pharmacy. Hy-Vee is a Midwest based retailer with over 250+ locations with headquarters in West Des Moines, Iowa.
While Amber Specialty Pharmacy is a subsidiary of Hy-Vee, both companies are known in their respective industries for superior service for customer and patients. The relationship between the two entities began as a partnership with Amber Specialty Pharmacy servicing Hy-Vee employees. Impressed by the internal operation at Amber Specialty Pharmacy, Hy-Vee decided to purchase the pharmacy and continues to invest significant resources to promote the culture and talent at Amber Specialty Pharmacy.
Hy-Vee celebrated 90 years of operation in 2020.