- If you speak English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Please call 888-370-1724 and ask for an interpreter.
- Si habla inglés, los servicios de asistencia en el idioma, sin cargo, están disponibles para usted. Llame al 888-370-1724 y solicite un intérprete.
- Jeśli mówisz po angielsku, możesz skorzystać z bezpłatnej pomocy językowej. Zadzwoń pod numer 888-370-1724 i poproś o tłumacza.
- ، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغوية متاحة لك مجانًا. يرجى الاتصال بالرقم 1724-370-888 واطلب مترجم. 'iidha kunt tatahadath al'iinjiliziat , fa'iina khidmat almusaeadat allughawiat mutahat lak mjanan. yurjaa aliatisal bialraqm 1724-370-888 watlub mutarjim.
- 注意：如果您说英语，您可以免费获得语言协助服务。请致电 888-370-1724 并要求翻译。 Rúguǒ nín shuō yīngyǔ, nín kěyǐ miǎnfèi huòdé yǔyán xiézhù fúwù. Qǐng zhìdiàn 888-370-1724 bìng yāoqiú fānyì.
- If you have a hearing or speech disability, please call 711 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).
- If you are visually impaired, we will work with you and your doctor to address your specific needs.
Yes. We can fill most prescriptions that are ordered by a qualified healthcare professional. We can also mail over-the-counter medications to you.
What if my doctor changes my medications at the last minute and I need overnight delivery of my new prescription?
Your medication order will be delivered to you two to five business days after you order. There is no charge for delivery. If you have medications that need to stay cold, we will overnight them to you in temperature-appropriate packaging.
Questions about the Patient Portal
With a patient account at Amber Specialty Pharmacy, you can easily manage and refill prescriptions, view your order history and much more.
- Manage your prescriptions online: View your active prescriptions online, order refills anytime and see your order statuses.
- Access up-to-date order information: Track your orders, see which shipments are temperature sensitive and verify your deliveries online.
- View and maintain your account details: View your patient balance, maintain your account information and edit contact details. Soon you will be able to update your communication preferences as well.
- Connect with our help and support team with any questions: Chat with one of our care coordinators online, or reach out to our team directly. Expect the same great service that has always been available at Amber Specialty Pharmacy.
To access the Amber Specialty Pharmacy patient portal, be sure the following criteria are met:
- You are an Amber Specialty Pharmacy patient with at least one active prescription on file.
- You are able to provide the required personal information (including your name as it appears on our pharmacy records, your date of birth and a valid email address).
- You have access to your Amber Specialty Pharmacy medical record number (MRN). Look on the top-right corner of your order delivery form to find your MRN.
- You are over 13 years old.
- You pass our secure identity verification process.
Amber Specialty Pharmacy takes the security of your private pharmacy information seriously. That is why we work with an independent, secure third-party service to verify the identity of all our new online accounts. Answer a few questions about yourself to complete the verification process. Banks and credit institutions trust similar services to prevent unauthorized account access online.
- The registered account owner will receive an email prior to the child turning 18 years old.
- The registered account owner can then add the 18 year old as an adult if they still want to manage their prescriptions.
For the security of your account, the system will temporarily disable your account after several unsuccessful attempts to login. Please wait 30 minutes to try again or reset your password. If you still cannot access your online account, please contact Amber Specialty Pharmacy at 888-370-1724.
Some sections in your profile (such as your basic personal details and your medical information) cannot be updated online. This protects your security and helps make sure your information aligns with our records as well as your prescribers and payers.
If you notice a mistake in your information or need to update something, please call Amber Specialty Pharmacy at 888-370-1724.
A prescription status represents its stage in the refill process.
- Available for refill: Prescriptions that are available for refill will appear in your prescription list with an "Add to order" button.
- Available for refill request: Prescriptions that have expired or have no refills remaining are still available for a refill request. These prescriptions will appear in your prescription list with a "Request refill" button. A refill request means our pharmacy team will contact your prescriber to authorize another refill before we process your order. We will contact you if we are unable to refill the prescription.
- Processing refill: Our team is working to fill your order when your prescription is processing. A few things, see below, can cause your refill to take longer than usual. If you have any questions about your processing prescriptions, please call Amber Specialty Pharmacy at 888-370-1724.
- Refill requested too soon: Due to regulations based on your last refill date, our pharmacy team cannot fill this prescription until a later date. Once available, we will fill and ship your order. If you have any questions, please contact Amber Specialty Pharmacy at 888-370-1724.
- Prior authorization required: A prior authorization is required before our pharmacy can fill this prescription. This means our team will work with your insurance provider to get the required authorization before we fill and ship your order.
- Insurance review: Additional information is needed before our pharmacy can process this prescription. If you have any questions, please contact Amber Specialty Pharmacy at 888-370-1724.
- Refill Shipped: Our pharmacy team has processed your order and sent it out for delivery.
- Sign into https://my.amberpharmacy.com/ .
- Navigate to the "Prescriptions" section.
- Select the "Add to order" or "Request refill" button on the prescription you want to refill.
- Once you have selected the prescriptions you want refilled, select the "Order refills" button.
- Review and fill out the information on the "Review & submit refills" page, including:>
- Determine the days supply you have left for each of your prescriptions.
- Indicate whether you would like to speak with a pharmacist about this order or not. If you select this option, a pharmacist will reach out to you.
- Select your shipping method. Your shipping method options are listed below.
- Standard shipping (2-5 days).
- Set date medication needed.
- Select your shipping address.
- Authorize your digital signature for this order.
- Select "Order refills" to confirm your order.
NOTE: Once your order is confirmed, you will be brought to an order confirmation screen. If you don't see the confirmation screen or you receive an error, your order may not have been submitted properly. Verify your recent order is showing up in the "Orders" section. If not, call Amber Specialty Pharmacy at 888-370-1724 if you have any questions.
Questions about the Mobile App
Once you have a patient account you can download our app to your device. Our app makes managing your specialty medications simple.
You can order refills, check the status on a delivery, chat with staff, and access educational resources — all from your device. Anytime you need to update.
Questions for the Nurse
My medication comes in an auto-injection device, and it really hurts while I am administering the shot. What can I do to make it hurt less?
Call us and ask to speak with the nurse or a pharmacist. We can review your technique to see if there is anything you can adjust to make the injections less painful. If those suggestions don't help, we can let you know if there are other devices or options available for administering the medication. As an example, some people find using syringes to be more comfortable than the auto-injector pens.
I'm going to be turning 65 and will be transitioning to Medicare insurance soon. I'm concerned about how that will affect the out-of-pocket cost of my medication. Where can I get more information?
This is a situation where you will want to plan ahead so you can choose the best Medicare plan for your needs. A great resource is your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). These are state-based programs that provide free objective information and assistance for understanding your Medicare insurance.
They can help you find out what benefits you qualify for and guide you in choosing which plan is best for you. You can go to this website to find contact information for the program in your state: https://www.shiptacenter.org/ . If you don't have internet access, you can call 1-877-839-2675.
I am missing doses of my medication because I forget to take it on time. I also don't understand what it does for me. Sometimes I am afraid that I will have side effects that I don't like. Plus, my medication is too expensive.
Your medication was prescribed by your healthcare provider to help treat an illness or medical condition. Because medications work best when taken exactly as prescribed, missed doses could result in more health complications or worsening of an illness. There are many reasons why people miss doses or stop taking their medication.
If you have concerns about taking your medications, please ask to speak with a pharmacist or nurse, and we can help you address these concerns. Always let your doctor or other healthcare provider know before you stop taking a prescribed medication.
Questions for the Dietitian
This depends on the state of your specific disease and your medication. However, make sure you are doing your best to follow a healthy diet that includes fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and whole grains. It also helps to subtract added sugar, salt and fat from your diet.
If you experience a lack of appetite due to medication or feel unwell, there are steps you can take. Try eating smaller meals more frequently during the day, or have nutritional supplements on hand that can replace a meal.
There are several different kinds of food that contain protein. Chicken, fish and meat can be consumed to get adequate protein, but if those aren't appealing, try eggs, nuts and seeds. Even legumes or soy protein can help you get enough daily protein. Try incorporating protein at each meal and snack for a balanced intake throughout the entire day.
All foods can fit into a healthy diet. But before cutting any food or food group from your diet, start by tracking your intake. This can help you see what foods may need to be reduced. Carbohydrates come in many forms and can provide needed vitamins, minerals and fiber. Eliminating carbohydrates completely is not necessary or recommended.
This depends on the needs of each individual. Though, roughly 64 ounces of water a day is recommended. Many individuals will need to drink more than 64 ounces, especially if they are active. Staying properly hydrated is very important, so make sure you are drinking plenty of water daily.
Questions for our Billing Team
A prior authorization, often called a "PA," is when an insurance company requests more information before covering your medication. They may wish to see what other medications you have tried before your doctor prescribed this medication. Or, they may have specific coverage criteria for this medication.
Amber Specialty Pharmacy will reach out to your doctor's office to let them know your medication requires a prior authorization with your insurance. You may wish to call your doctor to make sure they are aware you need a prior authorization completed with your insurance so they will cover your medication. You may also want to call your insurance company at the phone number on the back of your card.
The time frame varies based on the type of insurance you have. Some plans can complete the process the same day they receive the information from your doctor. Other plans may take up to 14 days to review the request. Requests may be expedited with most insurance companies if you are almost out of your medication.